Make sure to set priorities about aspects that matter most to you and your family. Such priorities may include:
- Is safety a primary concern?
- Are you searching for vibrant nightlife?
- Do you need to live close to work?
The best home purchase is typically a trade-off among several desirable elements.
The following factors will assist in illuminating a neighborhood’s style:
- Are there good local schools? Whether or not you have children, good schools increases property values.
- Is the area close to services such as hospitals, public transportation, shopping, parks and recreational and cultural sites?
- How safe is it? Check with local police, and look in the newspaper or online for crime-watch statistics.
- Are people outside their homes, working in their yards or walking their dogs? Neighbors who interact with one another create a safer and more pleasant environment.
- Is the area popular? Ask your Realtor, and check the number of “for sale” and “sold” signs.
- What is the neighborhood’s price range? Have average property values increased, decreased or stayed the same? Areas about to become trendy are often found on the fringes of highly desirable locations.
- Is there vacant space nearby? What kind of development is planned for it?
Real estate agents are a valuable source of inside information about how to distinguish two neighborhoods that seem alike. DBL Real Estate is a locally owned and operated business. We love our community and want to help you feel right at home in just the right home for you! We believe the American dream is still home ownership and will work hard to help YOU get there. Don’t hesitate to contact us with the link below for more information!